I’m looking for help to understand how we can discover and share across our own domains, marking up everything we create as web 2.0 content using a common metadata taxonomy. I’ve asked ed techs, librarians, social scientists and teachers. I’m surprised I can’t find any open standards for educators.
This list is modified from a National Information Standards Organization document.
- I am implementing software to manage my documents, e.g. an Electronic Document and Records Management System (EDRMS)
- I am trying to standardize descriptions across document types, documents created by different groups, databases, websites etc
- I want to improve retrieval of information
- I want to improve the sharing of information
- I want to ensure interoperability across systems
- I want to ensure the preservation of its information over time
- I need to improve archival descriptions
- I want to demonstrate compliance with standards e.g. for records management