Creating an Email Account

You have the option of creating either an Email Account (a mailbox on the server) or alternatively an Email Forwarder (an alias using your domain that forwards to an alternative email address). Both are available from the Email section of cPanel. You can read about email forwarding here, but if you’d like to setup a mailbox on the server read ahead.

Email Accounts on cPanel

To begin choose **Email Accounts **from the Email subsection of cPanel

Creating the Email Account

To create an email account add the prefix for the Email account in the first field prior to the domain name. The Domain dropdown will list all domains hosted within your cPanel account so you can select which domain you’re creating the account for. Choose a strong password for the account and finally, choose a quota for the mailbox (which can either be a hard limit that you define in megabytes or as much space as your cPanel account allows). Click Create Account to complete the setup.

Confirming Email Accounts on the Server

Once an account is created it will be added to the list of available email addresses below the setup form where you can confirm as well as modify any of the details of the account.

Thanks for this! I’m really new to using email on my own domain and have some questions.

How can I make sure I have enough space for lots of emails? Can I pay more to Reclaim for more space? I’m thinking of using this email in place of gmail, and I have lots of emails if I do that.

How do I interact with the emails? Can I only read them on the web somehow, or can I set up IMAP to read them on another email client? I saw the topic here in the community about the difference between imap and pop, but I didn’t see how to set those up with the reclaim email.

If there’s another place on the email part of this site I should look at, please let me know!

Christina Hendricks

You can monitor your disk usage directly in cPanel under Files > Disk Usage. We do offer addition plans with higher storage limits and you can upgrade at anytime, see Can I Upgrade/Downgrade my Account?.

There is both Webmail as well as settings to connect via IMAP to a client. When you setup the email address you’ll see the option to setup a mail client and cPanel provides scripts for popular email clients as well as manual settings you can use.

I will caution that using shared hosting for hosted email can often be a poor experience. Because our servers send a lot of email notifications for websites and other information we fight a constant battle to stay off spam blacklists and cPanel’s email experience is not the greatest. I’m a big fan of G Suite (formerly Google Apps) as an option. It may not be “reclaiming” in the fullest sense but for something as critical as communication I find it better to leave to companies for which that is their bread and butter and pay for solid email service rather than trying to use it as part of the larger suite of tools in cPanel and struggling with it, but that’s just my personal opinion.

Thanks so much! I really appreciate the candid points about the downside of email on shared hosting. I will think about this and look into other options. Good to know it’s available here, though, with both web and imap.