File Upload Error on Omeka Install

I’m getting the following error when trying to upload files to the Omeka site http://physical-electrical-digital.nyufasedtech.com. I think it ay have resulted fro having 14 students working on the site at once:

Warning: shell_exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/nyufased/public_html/physical-electrical-digital/application/libraries/Omeka/File/MimeType/Detect/Strategy/FileCommand.php on line 24

Fatal error: ‘break’ not in the ‘loop’ or ‘switch’ context in /home/nyufased/public_html/physical-electrical-digital/application/libraries/getid3/getid3.lib.php on line 285

Hi Kimon,

We are wondering is this might be related to this warning: shell_exec() has been disabled for security reasons | Server Sitters and we edited the server’s PHP.ini file, let us know if it is working now, and if not what error you are getting.

Best,
Jim

Kimon, scratch that, it was a dead end-we’ll keep digging.

Ok, thanks. Just one alert that I have a class using this site at 2pm and we need to be able to do file uploads and work on exhibit builder. sorry to add any stress.

Kimon,

We made some changes to the PHP configuration. Give it a shot and let us know if you’re still experiencing any issues.

Getting a 404 error when I try to log in.

Ah sorry, I had to rename the .htaccess file while troubleshooting. I renamed it back.

Getting this error now on admin login page:

Warning: session_write_close(): Failed to write session data (user). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/var/cpanel/php/sessions/ea-php70) in /home/nyufased/public_html/physical-electrical-digital/application/libraries/Zend/Session.php on line 732

You may need to clear your browser cache Refreshyourcache.com - The Guide to Clear your Browser Cache!. I was not able to recreate that error and successfully logged in.

Got this error when trying to upload a file:

Fatal error: ‘break’ not in the ‘loop’ or ‘switch’ context in /home/nyufased/public_html/physical-electrical-digital/application/libraries/getid3/getid3.lib.php on line 285

Your account is running PHP 7 and you are running a quite old version of Omeka (2.3.1) that I don’t believe supports it. I can either downgrade your PHP version in your account or you can upgrade that Omeka install. How would you like to proceed?

I have it set to auto-update Omeka but I don’t think it is doing it through Installation.

please do update if you can

I used Installatron to update the install to 2.6 and tested uploading a file and it worked. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks will test and report back any errors. Going to migrate off that server (which NYU is retiring in the future) so hopefully next install will be less fussy :slight_smile:

All was groovy. As always you guys rock. Thanks for figuring this out before the afternoon!

Cheers
Kimon