Sorry to be a bother but I have been going 'round and 'round in circles on this one.
My domain is https://nelkat.net
I used Let’s Encrypt to make the site secure and it has worked well. Thank you.
For fun, I recently installed two applications - Moodle http://nelkat.net/education/ and Wikitrees http://nelkat.net/genealogy/
Both have been declared insecure by my browser, Firefox. After reading the forums, I went to Why No Padlock, forced https on my domain and then went back to Why No Padlock. It still listed a bunch of urls within both the Moodle and the Wikitrees sites that were insecure, under the category of Mixed Content. The urls still seem to have the http prefix.
Help. What am I doing wrong???
Thanks for reaching out. If you could please send an e-mail to email@example.com we can investigate what could be causing the trouble.
Thank you very much! I will do that.
Hi Nell! I just wanted to follow up here to give you some more resources to help get your domain up and running securely!
The first thing you’ll want to make sure is that you load over HTTPS, I notice the URLs you link to are loading over HTTP. This can be done by force redirecting all traffic to the HTTPS version of your domain.
The next step is to make sure your domain is using an SSL certificate. These are offered for free through your hosting plan! You can install this directly in your cPanel.
Finally, you’ll want to make sure all content is loading over HTTPS. Following the 2 steps above are likely to work, but occasionally media files get caught in the HTTP version of your domain. You can read through our guide to securing your site for more information on plugins.
Thank you so much for this. I’m sorry that it has taken me so long to reply!