For participants in the eCampus Ontario Extend project, some of whom have gotten Reclaim hosting, some who will be starting. I’m planning on running a 4 week online “summer camp” workshop.
This will be open for anyone who wants to get involved. It will likely be a weekly “lesson” with some activities, an intro how to video, a weekly open office hours via Zoom, and a lot of tweeting & blogging.
I’m curious to hear from others who have developed intro materials what sort of topics you find are most important to teach new domain-ers. Links appreciated. I drafted some guide materials last year that is a base
but I’m thinking of including:
- create a landing page with site publisher as a placeholder (which most people find limiting, but it sets the idea of keeping the top of the domain for a landing page)
- using file manager to modify the placeholder (upload an image)
- setting up subdomains, differences between putting apps in directories vs subdomains
- installing a Wordpress blog in a subdomain / directory
- installing one of my WP landing page themes in place of that first landing page
- setting up email accounts and email forwarders
- setting up domain redirects
- uploading a static HTML site in a subdomain / directory
- exploring other apps (can use some suggestions), I like showing Yourls, Omeka, Limesurvey, Vanilla Forums, Grav ??